- If the damage was not visible on the outside, usually proper receipt has been signed for. If the receiver can convincingly argue that the carrier is liable for the damage, we will handle the report within 5 working days, however, we can never be held liable for inadequate packaging or stowage.
- Take care to never create uncertainty about what is actually missing. The receiver only signs for the number of packages or pallets actually received.
When damage or loss is discovered, the driver has the obligation to leave a TransNight discrepancy form with the receiver. The receiver and/or shipper also have to immediately report this to our TransNight Customer Service on email address: email@example.com
. Damage has to be reported before 10am, preferably accompanied by a (digital) photograph.
The report for missing goods has to be made known to our Customer Service within 36 hours, counting from 8pm of the delivery day. The report is always to contain the shipment number and - as a matter of course - the consecutive number of the package concerned and a description of what is lost. If a dealer or workshop number are relevant that should also be stated.
Our Customer Service Department will immediately confirm receipt of the report, state the name of the member of staff to handle it and the action taken or to be taken.
Document-free Transport for TransNight
In 2005, the regime for the waybill was relaxed for the distribution segment as part of administrative simplification. For TransNight we utilize this possibility. The ICT-systems ensure a fast, error-free information flow from the PDCs to the dealers, workshops and other delivery addresses, rendering a physical waybill unnecessary.
Claim for Liability
If you want to hold us liable for damage or permanent loss, please send a claim to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Within 5 working days after we have received your report, we will send you a notice of investigation with our file number.
In the event of permanent missing of goods you can hold us liable within 14 days. That claim has to be accompanied by:
- Purchase invoice / cost price calculation and/or invoice for repairs.
- The net weight of the missing goods.
- Bank account number to pay the awarded compensation into.
In the event of damage the following information has to be enclosed:
- Invoice for repairs and/or purchase invoice, or a cost price calculation or an expert report.
- The net weight of the damaged goods or their parts concerned. Photograph of the damaged goods and the packaging.
- Bank account number to transfer the awarded compensation to.
We will send you a substantiated decision within 4 weeks. If we recognize our liability, it will be settled within four weeks. It should be noted here, perhaps superfluously, that the compensation we owe due to non-performance of our obligations is limited. For damage other than damage as a result of loss of or damage to the goods, such as consequential damage, business interruption or immaterial damage, we cannot be held liable under the transport contract.
Do you want to insure your goods in transit? That is possible! In many cases you can have this arranged by your insurer. Is it more convenient for you to let us take care of it?